Bali police say Australian found dead may have been ‘poisoned’

Another Australian man has died in the popular holiday island of Bali, with local police indicating he may be a victim of poisoning.

Kevin James Nunn, formerly from Kalgoorlie, reportedly died in his home on Wednesday morning, found by his wife, who said he had felt unwell in the hours leading up to his death.

Denpasar’s chief of police, Jansen Avitus Panjaitan, said Mr Nunn had complained of pains shortly after 9am. He said the 68-year-old had been drinking whiskey and Coca-Cola the night before.

“At around 8am the victim drank (a can of) Schweppes soft drink and started walking around the house,” Mr Panjaitan said, according to the Herald Sun . “At 9am the victim told his wife Arianti that (he) felt sick … and around 10 the victim entered his room to lay down.”

It is understood Mr Nunn took malaria medication and consumed some Bear Brand milk, which made him vomit before falling asleep.

The COVID Task Force arrived to Mr Nunn’s residence receiving a call from Mrs Nunn, but he was unable to be revived.

“We are still waiting the forensic examination results and we still try to get the approval from the family (in Australia) to do the autopsy,” Mr Panjaitan said, adding the man had returned a negative COVID-19 result.

“There are indications that the victim was poisoned.”

Several friends on Mr Nunn’s Facebook page have left tributes following his death.

“My thoughts, prayers and condolences go out to your family, especially that beautiful little girl of yours,” one wrote.

Mrs Dunn shared heartfelt words on social media, saying she’d lost her “best partner” and husband.

“I love you so much my best partner,” she wrote.

Mr Nunn is the second Australian to die on the island this week.

A 47-year-old Queensland man was found dead in a hotel room in Seminyak, Bali, after failing to check out of his accommodation.

Local authorities found the man, identified as Christopher Steven Tolley, on the bed of his room at the Favehotel.

The man was due to check out of the budget hotel on Tuesday after being there since March 31, but failed to do so. Staff were forced to enter the room, which was locked and had a ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on the front door.

Speaking to the Bali Sun, the head of emergency and logistics Badung, Ni Nyoman Ermy Setiari, confirmed the man’s cause of death was still unconfirmed.

“The cause of death is still under investigation by the police,” Ermy Setiari told the newspaper of Mr Tolley’s death.

“A team from the hospital’s morgue will conduct an examination to find any signs of violence. Should they find anything, we will co-ordinate with the Australian consulate in Bali, who will inform his family,” Kuta Police investigation unit head First Inspector Bagus Nagara Baranacita said.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *