The best home based business ideas begin with knowing your niche. If you are one of the many handicapped people who want to contribute, remember, you have certain skills, life experience, interests and values that others may not have, so finding your niche is going to be much easier.
Here are the 10 best home based (handicapped accessible) business ideas you may want to consider:
1. Bed & Breakfast- Especially for others with a handicap. If you live in a large home and love visitors, this is a ready-made, handicapped accessible business to help the disabled get out there and travel. A great work at home business.
2. Pet Sitting is a small business option for those who love caring for animals on a temporary basis. I know so many people who would like to go away for a weekend but have no one to leave their pets with who will love them as much as they do.
3. Jewelry Designer – Did you see the Oprah show about 10-year-old Shiloh Peppin who wants to grow up to be a jewelry designer? Her handicap of fused legs will not stop her from the career of her dreams, nor should it stop you.
4. Gift Basket Service – The entrepreneur can design them at home to specific niches and mail them to buyers or make them available in local specialty stores.
5. Internet Store – If you are computer savvy, consider opening an internet based business that sells affiliate items. You receive a commission for every affiliate item you sell to others. See my website for more affiliate information.
6. Life Coaching – Who knows better than you what it's like to survive and thrive with a handicap or challenge of any kind? So many people are waiting for your encouraging words.
7. Song Writer – For those with a love of music, why not write & sell your music for a living?
8. Recording Artist – If you have a beautiful voice, you can make a living from becoming a singer. Perhaps your niche is jingles – hey someone wrote & sang all those McDonalds jingles. Or maybe your niche is spiritual music, rock 'n roll or weddings.
9. Screen Writer – Write what you know. Tell your story. Everyone's already told you that your life is like a movie. Why not share your story with the rest of us?
10. Motivational Speaker – There is a great need for motivational speakers. You could speak at churches, community organizations, business meetings and even write and publish a book or EBook to motivate others.
If you were born challenged or experienced a life altering event and became handicapped or disabled later in life, and you want to work, you can and should.
Think seriously about starting a small business from home. These are just ten simple business ideas.
I know you can come up with more home based business ideas that are specific to your skills, values and interests. Here's to your business success.